Calypso’s Coco-Pineapple Chutney
- ½ cup Don Q Coco rum
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Minced garlic
- ⅓ cup Green onion diced
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded and diced
- ½ cup Red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup Pineapple crushed or chopped
- ½ cup Shredded coconut
- ½ tsp Fresh grated or ground ginger
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tsp Caribbean spice blend
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- PROCEDURE: In a medium sauce pan, sauté onions, garlic and peppers in the sesame oil until tender. Add coconut, pineapple and spices, then cover for 15 minutes over medium heat. Add honey and stir until it has a consistent bubble – not a rolling boil. Add the Don Q Coco Rum and let simmer for 15 minutes. Mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of water. Stir until it liquefies and then add to the mixture. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Serve over chicken, pork or duck, or as a perfect dipping sauce for egg rolls or other Asian appetizers.
- More info...