November 9th, 2015
- 1 cup Don Q Coco rum
- 2 cups Shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup Unseasoned bread crumbs
- Freshly ground pepper and kosher salt
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 24 Large shrimp
- ½ cup Vegetable cooking oil
- PROCEDURE: In a large bowl, combine coconut and bread crumbs, then season with salt and pepper. Dip the shrimp in Don Q Coco rum, dredge in flour and shake off excess. Next, dip the shrimp thoroughly in egg and coat thoroughly in bread crumb mixture. Lay out shrimp on wax or parchment paper, slightly touching. In a skillet or deep fryer, heat cooking oil to 350º degrees and cook shrimp until golden brown and cooked through – about 3 to 4 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.
- More info...